Assistance for New Olim

Assistance for New Olim

  • Study for a Degree
  • Do Research
  • Study Hebrew
  • Contact

Congratulations on making your Aliyah and Baruchim Ha’baim to TAU! 

We at TAU are happy to welcome you here and give you all the tools & support needed for an Oleh Hadash to help you succeed in your academic path. Please feel free to contact us if you don’t find what you are looking for. We are here for you!


At TAU, you can choose to study in English, in Hebrew, or enroll in an academic integration track for new Olim that enables you to start your studies in English (or French) and graduate in Hebrew


 Academic Integration Tracks for New Olim


The academic integration track offers a distinctive educational path, allowing new Olim to start their studies in English (or in French) and complete them in Hebrew. Run in cooperation with the Israel Student Authority, these fully-funded programs include English/French-taught classes for the first year or first two years, along with intensive Hebrew language studies.

The track is designed to support Olim students and does not require psychometric test results for admission.

Available programs: 

English track:


French track:



 English-taught Programs


TAU runs 4 undergraduate and over 20 graduate degrees in English in a wide range of fields. All degree programs combine world-renowned academics with mind-opening cultural experiences – all in a welcoming, multicultural environment.


The Student Life team at the TAU Lowy International School is available 24/7 to offer international students all kinds of support and assistance, as well as a broad range of cultural activities and day trips.


Find the right program for you on the degree navigator here.


 Hebrew Programs 


At TAU, you can select from a diverse range of programs offered by its nine faculties and 31 schools, allowing you to pursue a single or double major.

Most departments run three-year undergraduate programs and two-year graduate programs.


Explore the program catalog here

Information on general admission requirements is available here.


Enrollment in Hebrew undergraduate programs


If you want to study in a Hebrew undergraduate program, you have to submit the following test results: 


More information on undergraduate admissions available here.


Enrollment in Hebrew graduate programs


If you wish to enroll in a Hebrew graduate program, refer to admission requirements here

You will need to submit proof of Hebrew and English proficiency.



Preparatory Program (Mechina)

Most newcomers are required to enroll in the Preparatory Program (Mechina) first. There are some exceptions to this rule (in all cases, the documents of students from abroad will be examined to determine whether they must study in the Mechina). 

If you need to take a Mechina, you can do it at Bar Ilan University, which TAU has an agreement with. 


If you wish to further improve your academic Hebrew prior to enrolling in a Hebrew-taught program, you can join TAKA at TAU.


 Funding Opportunities


If you are a new immigrant (up to three years in Israel), you are entitled to financial assistance from the Ministry of Aliyah and Integration.


Contact the Israel Student Authority for more information. 


TAU also offers a range of scholarships.



Ready to discover more?

Please complete the form below and someone from our team will contact you

Tel Aviv University makes every effort to respect copyright. If you own copyright to the content contained
here and / or the use of such content is in your opinion infringing, Contact us as soon as possible >>