Safety, Health and Wellness
The safety, health and well-being of you, our TAU International students, is our highest priority. Information on these topics is shared with you at every phase of the study abroad process, including in student pre-departure and welcome materials and at the mandatory student orientation and arrival session. While in Israel, you will be given the telephone numbers of relevant personnel and campus offices (such as the TAU International Office staff), detailed instructions on medical care and emergencies, and the mobile number of the TAU International Student Life Team (Madrichim) who can be contacted for any type of emergency 24/7 including holidays. You are encouraged to read all information received very carefully and keep it easily accessible during your stay.
COVID-19 Information and Updates
Due to challenges and restrictions during COVID-19 times, please take into consideration the following prior to arrival:
- Restrictions and regulations might be in place upon entering Israel.
- Events, activities and other social aspects within the university are subject to change, depending on the regulations issued by the Ministry of Health.
- There may be changes in transport arrangements and routes.
- It is recommended to check the updates regarding COVID-19 regulations in Israel. All the updated Israeli Ministry of Health guidelines can be found here.
- TAU International has a dedicated site to COVID-19 campus-related updates found here.
TAU International Tel Aviv Emergency Contact Information
If you need to contact a TAU International staff member in Tel Aviv in case of emergency, you can contact us on the following emergency phone numbers. Please use office phone numbers during work hours (Sunday-Thursday, 9:00AM-3:00PM).
In Case of Emergency in Israel During Office Hours
TAU International Office, Carter Building 108
Open each day Sunday through Thursday*, 9:00am-3:00pm
Office Number: +972-(0)3-640-8118 (Ask for the Student Life Counselor on duty)
*You (students) will be notified of office closure for holidays in advance. During closure, you should use the 24/7 Student Life contact information below in case of emergency.
Security Guidelines for All Students
Cases of increased security alert in Israel require following several important guidelines.
In these Security Guidelines, you will find a summary of appropriate action to be taken when hearing a siren, based on the instructions of the Home Front Command (Pikud Ha'oref), and a list of all shelters on campus and at the dorms. Acting in accordance with these instructions is critical and will significantly reduce the danger.
In Case of Emergency in Israel Outside Office Hours
24/7 Student Life Team Emergency Mobile: + 972-(52)-5346188
Psychological and Wellness Services
We encourage students to make use of the University Psychological Services as needed. If you would like to access these services, you will need to first download and complete this form prior to their appointment and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the initial intake (you may also physically bring in the form; whatever is preferred). Initial intake cost is 400 ILS which is not covered by the mandatory TAU insurance (but if you have another form of insurance in addition to TAU’s mandatory insurance, you are encouraged to check with your other insurance provider as well). You should be aware that it is not possible to see a psychiatrist without first doing the intake process and beginning therapy services. Any questions regarding this form or the services of the University Psychological Services should be directed to the University Psychological Services at 03-6408505 or email@example.com.
Additional Safety, Health, and Wellness Guidelines for Study Abroad (Semester/Year) and Short-Term Program (including Summer) Students
Designed especially for Study Abroad and Short-Term students, the TAU International Safety, Security, Health and Wellness Guidelines offer comprehensive information on safety, security, health and wellness at TAU International. These contain detailed information about:
- The mandatory health insurance plan for Study Abroad and Short Term Program students – how to use the insurance, locate a doctor, make an appointment, and more
- Security Guidelines
- Safety Concerns
- Important Contact Information
- Mobile Phone Policy - Staying in Touch in Case of Emergency
- Psychological and Wellness Services
- Mandatory Health Insurance and How to Use it
- TAU International Travel Guidelines
- Sexual Assault and Harassment
- Fire Safety
- Environmental Safety Concerns
- Drugs and Alcohol Policies
- Student Code of Conduct