TAU International Scholarships
TAU International COVID-19 Support Scholarship Fund
Tel Aviv University recognizes that the future holds many more uncertainties than usual and that many of you have been greatly impacted socially, academically, economically and otherwise by COVID-19. As an institution of higher education, the pursuit of academic excellence is our utmost priority. Our aim is to support outstanding Tel Aviv University International students and applicants - we want to try to remove some obstacles when it comes to your studies at Tel Aviv University, to help you meet your academic goals and aspirations despite the crisis.
To this end, TAU International is pleased to announce a brand new merit-based COVID-19 Support Scholarship which offers awards of up to $5,000 for both newly accepted and current TAU International full-degree students continuing into 2020-2021.
To apply for this scholarship opportunity, students must first be accepted to the TAU International program of their choice. Therefore, please do not complete this form if you have not already opened a profile in the TAU International portal, applied for a specific program, and received an official letter of acceptance from Tel Aviv University.
The COVID-19 Support Scholarship application requirements are as follows:
- As mentioned above, applicants must be enrolled in a full-degree program in 2020-21 or be accepted to the TAU International degree program of their choice.
- Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.5/4.0 (85/100) or above.
- Applicants must provide a personal motivation essay (maximum 700 words) indicating how the program to which you have been accepted or in which you are enrolled will help you realize your future goals.
- Applicants must complete the Scholarship Questionnaire. To complete this step, please click here.
- This scholarship award will apply to tuition fees only. The awarded scholarship amount will be applied only after the student has paid the Confirmation Fee to secure his/her candidacy and commitment to the program.
- Minimum award amount is $1000; maximum award is $5,000.
- Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so it is recommended to apply immediately after receiving an acceptance letter from the TAU International Program. If you are a continuing student, please apply by July 1st, 2020.
Lone Soldiers - The Sean Carmeli Fund
The School of Political Science, Government and International Affairs has established a fund to support former lone soldiers studying at Tel Aviv University named in memory of Staff Sergeant Sean Carmeli (z"l).
The fund's goal is to provide former lone soldiers with the support they need to better integrate into Israeli society via higher education.
Scholarships are open to students of any discipline enrolled in a BA or MA program at Tel Aviv University. Qualified candidates are required to have served a minimum of one year's time as a lone soldier in the Israel Defense Forces.
Required Application Documents
- 1 updated copy of their CV
- Proof of enrollment at Tel Aviv University
- Official lone soldier certificate from the IDF (אישור חייל בודד)
- A 1-2 page essay outlining their military service, academic and/or professional career goals, and commitment to the betterment of Israeli society
Applicants are required to disclose all forms of external assistance they are receiving from non-governmental organizations and/or private parties. Due to Students receiving full-ride assistance from organizations such as (but not limited to) Keren Heseg or the FIDF are barred from applying to the Carmeli Fund.
Applications should be submitted to the School of Political Science, to email@example.com, in Hebrew or English, subject line:
״הגשת מועמדות למלגה ע״ש שון כרמלי ז״ל״
Application Deadline: A call for action will be posted on November 2020.
Tuition assistance provided to qualified students. Students must be enrolled in the TAU International Yiddish program.