Dual Degree Program - TAU & Columbia University
In case of restrictions connected to the COVID-19 situation, please note that the program has put in place an alternative of distance learning. If physical presence is not possible, you will be able to participate in your courses remotely and once permitted, resume them in person without this affecting your ability to complete the program.
During the fall semester, the program will be operating under a hybrid model offering in-person/online classes. If physical presence is not possible, you will be able to participate in your courses remotely and complete your program within the scheduled timeframe. Click here for arrival instructions.
Where Cutting-Edge Education Meets Non-Stop Discovery
Looking for a unique and mind-opening international educational experience? The Dual Degree Program with Columbia University is just that. A dynamic program spanning two continents and two cosmopolitan cities, this exciting degree course will enhance your global outlook and help you develop both language and communication skills at the highest academic level.
As a Dual Degree student, you'll get the rare opportunity to immerse yourself in two distinct academic, social, and cultural settings unique to each institution. The first two years are spent in Tel Aviv and the final two, in the heart of New York City.
Years 1 + 2
- Focus on the TAU core curriculum based on the program's academic foundation. Courses include Political philosophy, Critical theory, Israeli History, The History of Ideas, Western literature, Modernity, and Academic Writing.
- Choose from eight academic tracks. Each track comprises a range of diverse courses covering foundational and specialist areas within the discipline. You can select one track as a major, one as a minor, and two additional basic tracks.
Years 3 + 4
- Continue the Dual Degree Program at Columbia’s School of General Studies (GS), completing one of their liberal arts majors and participating in their core curriculum in a variety of disciplines including Biology, Computer Science, Earth Studies, Economics, English, Film and Media Studies, Middle Eastern, South Asian and African Studies.
- Develop critical skills in writing and quantitative reasoning while being exposed to a range of knowledge and disciplines. Columbia's core requirements provide the foundation for a traditional liberal arts education.
- World-renowned faculties: Whether your passions lie in the humanities, natural sciences, or social sciences, study with world-renowned faculty on both sides of the Atlantic and immerse yourself in two distinct academic, social, and cultural environments.
- Strong academic foundation: The programs combine a strong academic foundation in the first year, with specializations for a degree tailor-made to students’ interests.
- Globally renowned professors: Learn from professors and researchers with years of experience teaching.
- Meet international students: Debate issues with other talented, motivated students from around the world.
- Ongoing support: Everything you need from our 24/7 Student Life Team
An exciting, mind-expanding Dual Degree Program that will earn you two bachelor’s degrees— one from Tel Aviv University and the other from Columbia University. The first two years at TAU consist of 80 credits of which students may transfer in up to 60 eligible points toward their degree requirements to Columbia.
After completing their second year at TAU, you will matriculate at the Columbia University School of General Studies (GS) where you will further your studies, choosing from Columbia’s liberal arts majors.
You will complete at least 64 Columbia points toward your chosen major and Core requirements, 40 of which will be counted toward completion of their TAU degree requirements.
Click the image to view our program brochure!