Student Life Activity Calendar for Study Abroad
All activities and excursions below are included in the tuition of study abroad programs. Several weeks before each activity or excursion, the Madrichim will email students details on the activities and instructions for how to register/RSVP. Students can also find updates and reminders about activities on the Madrichim TAU Facebook page. In addition, students can contact the Student Life Team at any time for more details (email@example.com). Note: All dates, times and activities are subject to change.
Fall Semester Activities 2018:
- November 9-11 – Excursion to Israel’s Northern Region: The Golan Heights and the Upper Galilee. On this three day, two night excursion we are going to visit the Golan Heights and the Upper Galilee. The north part of Israel is known for its green landscape, and volcanic rocks. We will visit some of the minority communities in Israel such as the Druze and the Arab Israelis. We will also hike in the most beautiful trails of the north (Amud Stream, Banias Stream) and visit an ancient fortress.
- November 14, 7:30 PM – TBD
- November 21, 7:00 PM – Tour of Bnei Brak. Bnei Brak is a large city in Israel with a predominantly Ultra-Orthodox Jewish population. The city is located in the Dan region east of Tel Aviv, just after Ramat Gan. Its small area and a large number of its residents make it the most densely populated city in Israel. Also, its population growth rate is one of the highest in Israel. We will do A Special Tour in Bnei Brak. We’ll see the different streams of Judaism and some of the city’s most beautiful places. We hear the stories of the people, the music and the food.
- November 28, 8:00 PM – Karaoke Night! We are all going to get together at Tel Aviv’s hottest Karaoke club called “Me on the Mic” at the Port of Tel Aviv to sing your heart out and get to know each other better.
- December 7-9 – Excursion to Israel’s Southern Region: Eilat and the Negev Desert
Eilat is Israel's southernmost city, a busy port and popular resort at the northern tip of the Red Sea. The city's beaches, coral reef, nightlife and desert landscapes make it a popular destination for domestic and international tourism. We are going to hike in the most beautiful desert landscapes, do some snorkeling in the sea, enjoy Eilat’s boardwalk, and celebrate Hanukkah and Christmas.
- December 12 – Activity TBD (Details coming soon!) Hint: it will be something indoors since December is winter in Israel!
- December 16 –Fall Semester Closing Event (Details coming soon!)
Tentative Spring Activities 2019 (all dates, activities and times subject to change):
- Tuesday, January 15, 7PM – Welcome Pizza Party @ TAU Campus Bar
- Wednesday, January 16, 4PM –Walking Tour of Jaffa and Welcome Dinner @ Old Man and the Sea
- Wednesday, January 23, 3PM – Get to Know Your Madrich/a! Various tours around TLV
- Wednesday, January 30, Full Day Tour – Jerusalem Day Tour
- Wednesday, February 6, 8PM – MedaBeer
- Wednesday, February 13 – Activity TBD (Details coming soon!)
- Wednesday, February 27 - Activity TBD (Details coming soon!)
- March 8-10 – South Trip
- Wednesday, March 13 – Movie and Pizza Night @ TAU Campus Bar
- Wednesday, March 27 – Bnei Brak Tour
- April 5-7 – North Trip
- Friday, May 3 – Yad VaShem Visit
- Tuesday, May 7 – Memorial Day Ceremony
- Wednesday, May 15 – Spring Semester Closing Event
You can check our Madrichim's Facebook pages, with events and various activities for Study Abroad students here:
Study Abroad Students: Madrichim TAU
Master’s Students: International Community TAU