Voyage to Medicine
Voyage to Medicine
Program Length: Fall or Spring Semester
Language of Instruction: English
Open to undergraduate students focused on pre-med, health sciences or similar
Dates for Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 will be announced soon!
Application Deadline: TBD
This semester program will immerse you into the challenging world of pre-medicine while kick starting your medical career by shadowing leading doctors and experts and learning what it really takes to be part of a cutting-edge, lifesaving team. And while you continue on your medical voyage, don’t forget to discover the dynamic non-stop city of Tel Aviv on your doorstep…
Our newly relaunched Voyage to Medicine program is for those of you looking to discover the fascinating world of pre-medicine or health sciences. At TAU, your journey of discovery starts with observing some intensive encounters in Israeli hospitals, combined with fascinating clinical research, and EMT volunteer work, together with challenging academic studies.
Expect to get fully immersed in Israel’s medical and healthcare field, with first-hand views and experiences in one of Israel’s finest hospitals, under the guidance of professional and practiced physicians in the field.
In tandem with your academic courses at TAU, you’ll have the unique opportunity to shadow hospital staff members for one fascinating day per week, and be a part of the daily activity of various hospital departments, including the ER and ORs, Pediatrics and Orthopedics, and Gynecology and Plastics. You’ll get to be a real-time witness to leading medical techniques and procedures, converse with patients and begin to get an understanding of what it takes to be part of a dynamic medical team at a level one trauma center. In addition, you’ll also have the chance for additional hands-on experience by volunteering throughout the semester as EMTs with Magen David Adom (the Israeli Red Cross).
The program begins with a mandatory intensive Hebrew language course, called an Ulpan, which prepares you for life in Israel. Upon completion, you’ll undergo one-week of training to get you up and running for volunteer shifts with the Magen David Adom (the Israeli Red Cross), while commencing on your academic coursework (3 courses) at TAU.
- Broaden your medical knowledge through challenging academic coursework that includes fascinating practical components.
- Observe and participate in clinical research at one of Israel’s leading medical facilities, and gain insights into new cutting-edge medical technologies being developed and implemented in Israel.
- Shadow leading medical professionals at the famous Assaf Harofeh Medical Center and learn what makes a dynamic medical team tick.
- Complete a one-week certification course in emergency response and then get hands-on medical experience volunteering as an EMT.
- Get an understanding of the emerging and innovative emergency response and disaster preparation techniques.
- Explore the wonders of Israel via some fascinating overnight excursions across the country, together with full support and 24/7 emergency access to the TAU International Student Life Team.