Voyage to Medicine
Voyage to Medicine
Program Length: Fall Semester
Language of Instruction: English
Admission Requirements: Open to undergraduate students who are focused on pre-med or related health sciences.
Program Dates: This program will next run in Fall 2020 – info coming soon!
Application Deadline: TBD
TAU International is proud to offer an incredibly unique opportunity for undergraduate study abroad students who are interested in pre-medicine and health sciences. Our Voyage to Medicine program is a fall semester study abroad program that combines practical experience at one of Israel’s leading hospitals together with academic studies and the opportunity to participate in clinical research and EMT volunteer work. This program is the result of a special collaboration of TAU International, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, and Magen David Adom (the Israeli Red Cross).
The program is designed to provide a truly immersive experience for students in the medical and health care field in Israel. It provides a unique opportunity to gain first hand views and experiences in one of Israel’s finest hospitals under the guidance of expert physicians in the field. Alongside academic courses taught by leading physicians, students have the opportunity to shadow hospital staff members and be integrated in the daily activity of the hospital departments such as the ER and ORs, Pediatrics and Orthopedics, Gynecology and Plastics and more. Students witness leading medical techniques and procedures, converse with patients and begin to understand what it means to be part of a medical team at a level one trauma center. In addition, students have the opportunity to volunteer as EMTs with the Magen David Adom (the Israeli Red Cross), and advance their knowledge by shadowing the medical staff and participating in clinical research.
Program Highlights At-A-Glance:
- Advance knowledge in medicine through academic course work
- Take part in clinical research at one of Israel’s leading medical facilities
- Shadow medical professionals at Assaf Harofeh Medical Center
- Get hands-on medical experience working as an EMT
- Enjoy study abroad activities including on-campus events, museum visits, city tours and more
- Make lifelong friends with students from all around the world
- Immerse yourself in the exciting city and culture of Tel Aviv!