The African Refugee Development Center (ARDC) is a grassroots, community-based, non-profit organization that was founded in 2004 by African asylum seeks and Israeli citizens, in order to assist, protect and empower African refugees and asylum seekers in Israel. To date, the ARDC has served over 10,000 refugees and asylum seekers from Eritrea, Sudan, The Democratic Republic of Congo, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Ethiopia and the Ivory Coast. Since January 2014 alone, the ARDC assisted over 1,000 clients on matters relating to visa issues, relocation, refugee status determination, higher education, language courses, tutoring and psycho-social therapy.
- Gain experience teaching English and other basic fields.
- Get familiar with the refugee community and their unique situation in Israel
- Teach refugees English and other important skills which they can apply to their future education
- Each student will have to volunteer for 2 hours a week
- The school, along with the volunteer, will build a personal schedule for each volunteer according to their needs
- A contact person will be provided which will accompany the volunteers during their project and meet to train them