While you are studying at Tel Aviv University your welfare is of paramount concern to us. Therefore, all International School students are required to have Israeli medical insurance, which the TAU International administration arranges.
Current regulations do not require vaccinations for travel to Israel from the United States.
Israeli Health Insurance
The policy is a basic health insurance plan that covers treatment within the State of Israel by a large selection of private, English-speaking doctors. It also covers hospitalization in public hospitals. A summary of the coverage follows below.
Coverage includes the Ulpan and semester/summer programs and all vacation days. This insurance provides coverage for the student only while in Israel. Optional health insurance coverage is offered for travel outside Israel for an additional fee. You may purchase the additional coverage directly from an insurance agent in Israel.
U.S. Health Insurance
Tel Aviv University strongly recommends that students carry comprehensive health insurance. In the event that a medical need arises that is excluded by the policy, such as a pre-existing condition or prescription (therefore requiring direct payment), Your alternative insurance may enable you to recover those funds. Be certain that your insurance coverage is effective in the Middle East and Europe, in the event that you travel abroad either during or after your program at Tel Aviv University.
Harel Insurance Company, Ltd.
Kupat Holim Clalit: Clalit has contracted with Harel, Clal and Menorah insurance companies to provide medical services to tourists in Israel.
Harel Insurance Company, provides foreigners in Israel with a medical insurance policy. The services are provided by “Kupat Holim Clalit”, during your stay in Israel, which was chosen by Tel-Aviv University.
“Kupat Holim Clalit” was chosen as the service provider due to the major consideration of providing a comprehensive countrywide service network.
“Kupat Holim Clalit” owns the largest number of Clinics, Hospitals, Laboratories, Imaging institutes and Pharmacies and has some of the finest doctors (family doctors, specialists, etc.) in the country.
Herein you will find a summary of the policy Coverage for your stay in Israel, USA and Canada.
The main benefits of the medical coverage, main exclusion and how to submit a claim if needed.
Medical Insurance – Service Plan in Israel
Principal coverage in Israel:
Medical costs up to $100,000 include:
* Hospitalization with no limitation up to the above amount.
* Emergency Room & Ambulance in an emergency situation or a doctor’s referral and/or
* Prescription with no limitation, within the framework – up to the above amount.
When purchasing the medication, you will be required to present the original prescription and your magnetic card.
* Participation in return of costs for non listed doctors - up to $35.
* Laboratory test.
* Diagnosis Service.
* Doctor specialists or general practitioners.
* Private surgeon- up to 3,000 USD$.
* Emergency Dental care – up to 500 USD$ by "Clalit Smile" clinics.
* Personal accident - up to $10,000.
* Transfer of deceased – up to $5,000.
* The expenses related to the Insured’s air travel from Israel back to the Insured’s country of origin
* Cab fare to emergency ward—needs the service center approval.
* Doctor's house calls will be coordinated with the service center when necessary.
***The insurer’s obligations are under the policy’s full terms only***
For the policy, please click here .