Current Course Offering
STUDY ABROAD - FALL SEMESTER 2015
For Fall 2015 booklet click here.
|JEWISH STUDIES||Course Number||Day||Hours||Final||Date & Hours|
|The Jewish World in the Modern Era - Prof. R. Rockaway||2120.5300.02||MON, WED||10:00-12:00||Final Exam|
|History of Anti -Semitism - Dr. K. Beller||2120.0539.02||MON, WED||10:00-12:00||Final Paper|
|Judaism And Christianity In Conflict - Prof. J. Cohen||2120.0169.03||TUE||14:00-18:00||Take home Exam|
|"After Auschwitz": Images of the Holocaust in Contemporary Culture - Dr. R. Perry||2120.0124.02||WED||12:00-16:00||Final Paper|
|The Essence of Judaism - Dr. M. Gresser||2120.0109.02||TUE, THU||10:00-12:00||Final Exam|
|ISRAEL STUDIES||Course Number||Day||Hours||Final||Date & Hours|
|The Zionist Movement: The long Road to Sovereignty: 1860-1949 - Mr. Liptz Paul||2120.1005.02||MON, WED||12:00-14:00||Take home Exam|
|One Hundred Years: History and Memory in Tel Aviv-Jaffa - Dr. M Wein||2120.0533.02||TUE||16:00-20:00||Final Paper|
|Israeli Politics - Dr. E. Klauber||2120.0112.02||TUE, THU||12:00-14:00||Final Paper|
|MIDDLE EAST STUDIES||Course Number||Day||Hours||Final||Date & Hours|
|Radical Islamic Movements (Ideology And Structure) - Dr. B. Berti||2120.0787.02||MON||10:00-14:00||Final Paper|
|History of the Middle East in the Modern Period - Dr. B. Friedman||2120.0120.03||MON, WED||14:00-16:00||Final Paper|
|The Israeli Collective Memory of the Israeli-Arab/Palestinian Conflict - Dr. Rafi Nets||2120.1012.02||MON, WED||16:00-18:00||Final Paper|
|Introduction to the Religion of Islam - Dr. Avraham Hakim||2120.0344.02||TUE, THU||10:00-12:00||Final Exam|
|ART STUDIES||Course Number||Day||Hours||Final||Date & Hours|
|Creative Writing - Dr. D. Barnat||2120.0127.01||MON||16:00-20:00||Final Paper|
|History of Israeli Art - Dr. R. Shusterman||2120.1015.02||TUE, THU||12:00-14:00||Final Paper|
|Israeli Cinema and the Culture of Modern Israel - Dr. S. Duvdevani||2120.0468.02||MON||12:00-16:00||Final Paper|
|LIFE SCIENCES||Course Number||Day||Hours||Final||Date & Hours|
|Israel And The Environment - Dr. S. Fleischer||2120.0139.02||TUE||16:30-20:00||Final Exam|
|MANAGEMENT, ECONOMICS, COMMUNICATION||Course Number||Day||Hours||Final||Date & Hours|
|The Israeli Economy - Dr. P. Rivlin||2120.1172.01||MON, WED||14:00-16:00||Take home Exam|
|Business Ethics - Dr. S. Smila-Sened||2120.0100.02||TUE, THU||10:00-12:00||Final Paper|
|ARABIC||Course Number||Day||Hours||Final||Date & Hours|
|Introduction to Modern Standard Arabic (First Level) - Mr. M. Guggenheimer||2120.0980.01||TUE, THU||12:00-14:00||Final Exam|
|Coursera (Online Courses): firstname.lastname@example.org
Student must apply online and register with TAU International (email@example.com) prior to the beginning of the course.
|Course Number||Day||Hours||Final||Date & Hours|
|Economic Growth and Distributive Justice - Professor Yoram Y. Margalioth: https://www.coursera.org/course/ecojustice||1882.1401.01||Final Exam||December 18th, 2015 at 09:00|
- Courses starting with the number 2120 are offered by the study abroad program, courses starting with the number 1662 are offered by the BA in Liberal Arts program.
- Courses starting with the number 1221 are offered in partnership with the Recanati Faculty of Management and taught with Israeli students, these courses are open to students majoring in: Business, Engineering, Economics, or Science who have completed at least one year of study.
- Semester students cannot join year courses.
- Courses with less than 10 students might be cancelled.
- Study Abroad Students have only one final term, even if they join BA classes.
- BA in Liberal Arts semester begins on Sunday; some courses last longer and run in parallel with the regular TAU calendar. For the course descriptions and syllabi please check the program page online. Please check the exam schedule, Study abroad students cannot take exams on different dates.
- The following exemptions for taking a final exam not on its date are: IDF Reserves, Illness – Doctor's/Hospital notes, Birth, or Immediate family death.
- Coursera is an education company that partnered with TAU and other top universities and organizations in the world to offer courses online.
- Note: Please check online for the final exam date. You cannot join the course unless you are able to stay in Israel for the final exam.