Undergraduate Degree Program Admissions
The information below relates to the following TAU International bachelor’s programs:
Admission to our bachelor’s programs is competitive. Each application is assessed on an individual basis according to grades, test scores, personal essays, and recommendations.
To be eligible for the B.A. Liberal Arts and B.Sc. Electrical and Electronic Engineering programs, you must have completed or be completing upper secondary school/high school. Generally, a minimum GPA of 80 on a scale of 100, 3.0 on a scale of 4.0, or equivalent applies, but exceptions may be made in the case of an exceptionally strong application with a lower GPA.
Applications are submitted online. After the application deadline, all applications will be reviewed, and you will be contacted with an admissions decision as expediently as possible. In some cases, you will be contacted to arrange an interview, which can be held either in person in Tel Aviv or via telephone or Skype.
- Official transcripts from all upper secondary schools/high schools attended, including a copy of any diplomas received
- Personal essay (300-500 words)
(for B.Sc. Electrical and Electronic Engineering, two essays are required – learn more)
- Your personal essay(s) provides the admissions committee with the opportunity to get to know you: your academic interests, life experience, and personality. Essay prompts will appear in the online application; we strongly recommend writing and saving your essays in a separate document before sending them in.
- After writing your essay(s) and sending in your completed application, send your essay to the Admissions Office Email address.
- Two letters of recommendation
- Results from standardized university entrance exams in your country (e.g. American SAT or ACT, French Baccalauréat, German Abitur, Indian Board Examinations, Chinese GaoKao, or UK GCE A-levels)
Demonstrated Command of English: All applicants must prove their English-language proficiency validated through a TOEFL or IELTS exam. Exams must be taken before the application deadline, and official scores must be sent directly to the TAU International office by the testing agency. TAU International's ETS code is 7704. TOEFL test (minimum score: written 582, computer-based 223, or iBT 89) IELTS test (minimum score: 6.5). Exception: Students whose primary and secondary education took place in the Australia, Canada, Great Britain, Ireland, New Zealand, or the U.S. are exempt from this requirement. Note that students who were born in one of these countries but were educated elsewhere, will still be required to satisfy the English proficiency requirement in order to complete their application.
- Heath Declaration Form
- Medical Form
Institutional Codes for TAU
The following codes can be used to have standardized test scores submitted directly to TAU:
SAT code: 0810
ACT code: 5517
TOEFL code: 7704
An application fee must be submitted with your application. Applications will only be evaluated after the application fee is submitted. The Admissions Office accepts payment via credit card or a check.
Credit card transactions are made through the online application form, and are processed by our New York City office (with no foreign transaction fees for credit cards issued in the USA).
Include Tel Aviv University International along with the name of the applicant as a note with your payment. Please note that you will be responsible for any charges associated with the transfer.
If you have any questions about your application, contact your program office: