Independent Research Study Track
Undergraduate and graduate students occasionally find independent opportunities on campus to pursue their scholarly interests at TAU, a nationally and internationally renowned for its research and innovation with over 130 research institutes, 400 labs, and 3,500 annual projects spread across our 9 faculties and 125 different schools. The TAU Independent Research and Study Track (IRST) Program is a great enrollment option for these confirmed visiting research or independent study students as well as students joining TAU as part of an exchange agreement and looking for a more comprehensive campus experience. No academic credit is awarded by TAU International for the IRST program (unless a student enrolls in a TAU International course in addition to the program), but students can take advantage of the many student service benefits that the program provides.
Benefits & Services of the IRST Program
- Health insurance
- TAU Student ID card enabling use of TAU libraries
- Orientation meeting upon arrival to campus to get familiar with services and benefits of the TAU International Office
- Access to social and cultural activities for international students (including overnight excursions) organized by the TAU International Student Life Team
- Support and 24/7 emergency access to the TAU International Student Life Team
- Have the possibility to be considered for campus housing for an additional cost (not guaranteed)
- Reduced courses fee should a student wish to take courses from the TAU International Study Abroad course offerings
- Option to take Hebrew Ulpan/courses prior to/ or during the semester
IRST Application Terms and Cost
To apply for the IRST track, students must first independently arrange an opportunity on campus with one of the TAU institutes, labs, projects, faculty, etc. This is entirely the responsibility of the student and TAU International does not assist in this endeavor. Students will need both a letter from the sponsoring faculty as well as from the head of the academic department confirming their participation.
Once a student confirms their visit and project details with the relevant professors, labs and/or projects as a visiting student, then students can apply here to IRST in order to benefit from the many services provided by TAU International. Students apply for IRST depending on the length of their project, research, etc.:
- 0-2 months (IRST fee $1000)
- 2-5 months (IRST fee $1500)
- 5-12 months (IRST fee $2000)
Please see the application page for more details.