Notifications of withdrawal must be made in writing. Refunds are determined according to the date of our receipt of the written notice. All refunds listed below are additional to the mandatory $500 cancellation fee.
- Withdrawal prior to or on the first day of classes: 100% minus confirmation fee and cancellation fee.
- Withdrawal after the first day of class, but no later than 5 days after the beginning of classes: 50% minus confirmation fee and cancellation fee.
- Afterwards (Fall Semester Only): No refund
- Afterwards (Academic Year): Second-semester portion minus program deposit and cancellation fee.
- Students who have received federal loan disbursements before they withdraw will not receive any refunds and must contact the Department of Education if they want to return any of the funds.
- Students will be charged for dormitory accommodations in full, unless they indicate they will be living off campus prior to their payment deadline as set by the Office of Academic Affairs.
- Students leaving the dormitories after the beginning of the program will be charged the entire fee for the duration of the program.
- TAU is not able to give any refunds for students who leave the dorms early.
- Bank Fee – Bounced checks incur a $60 fee and cancellation of any payment plan.
- Cancellation Fee – A $500 fee is incurred if a student withdraws after the Office of Academic Affairs receives the Confirmation Form or if a withdrawal occurs after the first day of classes, whichever one comes first.
- Collection Fees – Tel Aviv University may utilize the services of an attorney and/or collection agent to collect any amount past due, and you will be charged an additional amount equal to the cost of collection (approximately 33% of your outstanding balance) as well as any other fees incurred by Tel Aviv University.